Now that we are already in August, I figured that I should take a look at my goals for this year and see where I am at. I already did an assessment of my progress on my task for this year here, and I am doing pretty well there. But these goals… not so much. Anyhoo, here is how I see it:
- Eat healthier and better – I’ve made a little progress on this, but admittedly not a lot. I’ve gone through spurts of eating better and making healthier choices, but overall I still don’t eat very well. I think I need to do more meal planning to help on this one.
- Exercise regularly – I went for a run earlier this week!! My first run in a year!! But then I fell back off the wagon. I am hoping that once Little Bean is on more of a schedule with naps and such it will be a little easier for me to wiggle a workout into my day.
- Develop my faith – I feel like I am making baby step progress with this one. I need to start improving my prayer life, I think that would really help. Need to figure out a prayer or two to make a routine. I’m also going to try and attend a Catholic women’s conference in October. I’m hoping it can work out!
- Increase and improve my quiet time and me time – Yeah… what me time?? I was doing okay with this I think earlier this year, but now I feel like I have no time for me. D has been really great at giving me breaks what he can but I admit that the me time hasn’t been very fulfilling. I need restart button.
- Develop my photography skills – Nyet. I haven’t done anything on this yet. I looked into taking a photography class but they are all for someone who has an SLR camera (digital or film), but since I don’t have one of those it appears I can’t take those classes. But Kendra at Catholic All Year did a series on how to use PicMonkey to edit pictures, and I just read through it again and I feel like that may be what I need. Then I don’t need to take the perfect picture, I just need to EDIT it to become the perfect picture.
- Build my community – I have made a little progress with this, kinda, sorta… But I have plans on how to really take a step forward. More to follow!
- Create a me space that I enjoy – No progress on this one. My desk is now my sewing space which is good, but I’ve done nothing else. Boo.
What goals have you set for yourself this year? How do you think you are doing on them? Have you made any changes?