It’s June!!! JUNE!! Which means that we are almost halfway through 2015! I started this post at the beginning of the month, and then next day I found myself being induced unexpectedly and then Little Bean was here! Surprise! (Though it wasn’t as simple as that sounds… my labor was long and difficult. But so worth it.)
Anyhoo! It’s June, which means that it is time for me to review my monthly goals and post my new ones for the new month. I actually made a lot of progress on my goals from last month, didn’t get to them all, but I still got ahead. As for new goals, I had started a list but my life now revolves around Little Bean so I’m taking a break on goals for this month except for one. Check back next month for more excitement.
- Go to Adoration twice – I went only once, and it was great. Still thinking I need to go more often.
- Read a book! – DONE! I read The Firm by John Grisham and reread Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. Both are great though very different from each other, but both are pretty easy reads and were great for the nights when Little Bean was too wiggly for me to sleep much.
- Do or try something new! – DONE! I did several things actually! I learned how to bind a quilt by hand, we had our baby shower at our house (our first time hosting people here!),
- Get three house and/or baby projects done! – DONE! I put together the baby crib, hung much needed towel hooks in the guest bath, bought and prepped cloth diapers, hung hooks for my necklaces, and probably a bunch more stuff that I don’t remember… I got lots done.
- Start practicing labor breathing regularly – Definitely not done. At this point, I’m done trying to force it to get done. D and I had a long, good talk about my labor and delivery preferences and my fears about the whole thing so I feel like we’re on the same page going into this. I feel like honestly he has the tougher job in all this, he needs to keep me sane.
Annnnd now on to June! This month has been a little crazy so far so I’m just going with one goal. I’m giving myself some much needed space to breathe and learn how to be a mom.
- Follow SheReadsTruth’s Women in the Word plan, with journaling – The Women in the Word plan is SRT’s summer plan, and I am really really looking forward to this one! The plan is longer than just June, but that’s okay, I just really want to get back into reading my Bible. I have been reading Blessed Is She‘s devotionals everyday, but it’s not the same as a study. I need direction right now, and I want to not only read my Bible but reflect on it. So the second part of this goal is to journal about the day’s readings even if it is just a sentence or two. (Oh! and it just started on the 1st but you can join in too at any time, everyday is focused on a different woman in the Bible but it is freestanding so you can miss a day if need be and not have “missed”.