Maybe it’s because I’m pregnant or because I feel like I’m running around like crazy trying to get everything done before I leave work, but I missed out on a whole month again. Overall, it was a pretty good month in terms of life. I got confirmation that I can quit my job! and that is so freaking exciting, but now it means I have a giant checklist of stuff I need to do in order to get final approval to leave next month. NEXT month!!! Eek! I also went home to see my family before Little Bean comes which was super nice. It was lovely. But in terms of goals I didn’t do so awesome.
- Figure out our garden plans and order seeds – Nope and nope. Well we talked a little about our plans, and I have ideas for seeds, but this isn’t done very well.
- Read a book! – Done. I read Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan, and honestly I didn’t really like it. I mean it was good, but the main relationship in the story struggles a lot especially with equality, and I find that hard to read about.
- Do a photo session – Didn’t happen at all. I charged up my camera, but never actually used it…
- Try 3 new recipes – I honestly don’t know if what we made for dinner ever… D and I are sitting here racking our brains trying to remember and we’re coming up blank. But! we tried a recipe for a green chili either last month or in February, and it was aMAYzing! I’ll post on it sometime soon!
- Secret goal – Also didn’t happen. Boo.
April promises to be even crazier than March, but I still want to make some goals even if they may not happen. Here’s what I’ve got for this month!
- Go to Adoration twice! – I have found Adoration to be such a wonderful peaceful and fulfilling experience and I want to keep making it something I do. Hopefully this can become a regular thing.
- Start sewing together the blocks for Little Bean’s quilt! – I am making Little Bean a quilt (here’s the basic pattern), and I’ve got most of the strips cut. Now I just need to start sewing the strips into blocks!
- Order seeds! – Rollover from last month. Also, should probably figure out how we want our garden to look…
- Start practicing labor breathing regularly – We took a childbirth class about over a month ago (it was one all-day class), and I really liked their ideas of breathing through contractions and focusing elsewhere. I (with D!) need to sit down and figure out what works best for me in terms of focusing and then we need to start practicing. Only 10 weeks left! (Give or take…)
- Go for more walks – Just as the fatigue from pregnancy is starting to creep back in I know that I should be walking a lot more. Even if it’s just twice a week, that’s more than I am doing now!
And those are my goals for April! Do you have any goals for this month? What are you looking forward to doing now that it’s getting warmer out?