Yesterday I posted on my goals for 2015, a few concepts that I wanted to grow in and change my life around in ways. But I am a girl who loves (loves loves loves loves) to-do lists so I know that I need something more concrete. I need little boxes that I can check off as I go. I need to look at a list and know that I accomplished something on it, so this is that list.
The first few drafts were a little too adventurous for my liking, so I’ve tried to pare it down a little but still push myself at the same time. This year is going to be crazy for me (for us!) and I am hesitant to try and make any plans at this point, so I made my tasks specific but general at the same time. As in, they can be interpreted somewhat loosely in case life doesn’t allow me to carry them out as I originally planned.
My Tasks for 2015:
- Run a race – In the past I’ve specified a distance, but I don’t know how much running I will be able to do this year so even if it is just a 1-miler on 31 December, I want to run one race.
- Downsize my wardrobe – I have started this, but the things that don’t fit or I don’t wear never make it to Goodwill so they’re still laying about. Time to change that.
- Downsize my stuff – Since we moved I realized how stuff I (not we) have and most of it is stuff that admittedly I don’t use often if at all anymore.
- Keep a prayer journal – I feel that this will help me to grow in my faith but also to help me to pray often.
- Keep a grace/thanksgiving journal – This has been on my heart for almost a year, but I just never took the final step of starting it. It helps that I am currently reading One Thousand Gifts and it doubled my desire to want to be conscious of the things that God has given me especially all of the little things.
- Knit something – How is that for vague? Haha, I knit a shawl last year to wear to a wedding and I found it to be very relaxing. I don’t know what I’ll knit next but I have a list of ideas.
- Grow a garden – D and I have wanted a garden since before we were married, but we never really had yard for a “real” one, or much room or sunlight for a container garden either. Now we have a yard and a sunny patio for either or both! Don’t know how this is going to play out but we’ve already started a list of things we’d like to grow.
- Complete a sewing project – Again, this is vague, but I have a list to work from. Just need to see what ends up tickling my fancy.
- Complete 2 photo challenges – There are lots of different kinds out here, but I am looking to do 30-day (ish) ones but taking my time with them. If you are not familiar with photo challenges they are a set of different themes that focus what you take a picture of. Some are meant to last a year (so 365 or 52 themes, depending on daily or weekly) and some are a month long or so (30 themes). I don’t know if it’s realistic for me to do a monthly one in a month, but 30 themes will definitely make me think like a photographer more.
- Find (and join!) an in-person social group – I am both dreading and excited about this at the same time. I don’t have a lot of friends that live in the area, and I want to get out a little more and hang out with a community. Don’t know where to start on this one, but it will definitely be an adventure.
- Complete 3 canning projects – LOTS of ideas for this. Some repeats like more dilly beans and rhubarb chutney, but I have some new recipes I’d like to try too.
- Try out five new recipes – D and I like to cook together, and we have a shelf full of cookbooks and many many recipes we haven’t tried yet. I’ll definitely post these as we try them and let you all know the verdict on them.
- Post 3 blog posts a month – I don’t want to fall into a black hole again, but I also don’t want to set the bar so high that I get discouraged and don’t want to write. I thought this goal would make it a little easier, plus I can always go over three posts!
- Go on 7 dates – D and I have been going on (near) monthly dates since I got back home, but that was in part because I gave him a year of dates last Christmas so it was easier. I got some of the ideas from the Dating Divas, and some things we just things we liked to do but didn’t get to do often like go to our favorite pizza place in DC. (When the dates are all “pre-paid” it is easier to justify going. 😉 )
And that is my lists of tasks for this year! It may grow as the year develops but I feel like this gives me enough on my plate to end the year feeling as though I accomplished some of the things I wanted to do.
Do you have any goals or tasks you want to accomplish this year?