I am so excited to participate once again in the Grace Upon Grace link-up with Jordyn from She Who Fears!! Between the last few crazy weeks away, returning home and taking some much needed vacation time I feel like I haven’t posted my received Graces in forever. This post shall seek to make up for some of the lapse…
1. Eventless travel! (Mostly.) My travel back home as well as most of our flights for our trip to see my family were uneventful. And God carried us safely through the one flight that was delayed and the impeded temporarily by thunderstorms.
2. Our trip home to see my family was perfect. It was long enough to not feel rushed, but short enough to not be too overwhelming. It can be really tough going to see family because now I am an adult so it’s can be stressful to try and fit back in to a setting where I was once a kid. But this trip was wonderful, and we even managed to fit in some completely lazy days that involved sandwiches, crossword puzzles and playing with my mom’s dog. Lovely, and absolutely perfect.
3. I paid off over $15k in debt!!! I am very blessed to have a job that compensates well for travel, especially long-term travel. I used my travel monies to tackle my debt, and completely paid off my credit cards and wiped out one of my school loans. It feels really good to have made significant progress, I paid off about a third of my debt! Woohoo!!!
4. We got rid of a whole bunch of stuff in our kitchen! We went through and gathered up the glassware and dishes that we never use, and donated them. It feels good to have gotten rid of so much stuff that we didn’t need. I’ll have a post on my efforts to simplify this later this month.
5. I have been doing so much traveling this year so far, and we have still many trips planned. This last trip home reminded me that this travel is truly a gift from God. I am so blessed that I can financially afford to travel and that I get enough vacation days to do so!