If you stopped by for my C post, then you know that I like cooking, and that I really like cooking with the ones I love. One my favourite rooms in the house is the kitchen. I really like the kitchen in our current apartment; there is lots of counter space, a pantry, and I have found that I really like having a gas stove. But I still have a dream kitchen inside my head.
I know that we are probably a few decades from being able to get our own place and having the money to perfect it to our liking. But I know that besides a giant bathtub, my dream house has an amazing kitchen. I’m sure at some point I’ll even have a specific floor plan picked out, though for now a wish list in my brain will suffice.
My dream kitchen would be/have:
- big and open, lots of room to move around each other without it getting crowded with more than 3 people in there
- lots of useful counter space
- an island, perfect for setting out food or drinks without taking up prep room
- gas stove
- double decker wall oven
- a pantry, preferably a walk-in
- a large fridge
- separate chest freezer (doesn’t have to be in the kitchen)
- wall mounted knife rack
- a double sink, one side extra deep
- oh! and wood floors would be awesome
What is a favorite part of your kitchen?