I have tried my hand at making resolutions. Nearly every January I have the best ideas and intentions of revamping my life, and everything will be glorious! But it never fails that by mid-April I have fallen off the tracks, and by June my resolutions are forgotten.
This year I decided to try something new! Instead of resolutions, I have set goals. Goals that are not specific to an event or a number, but to aspects of my life that I want to change. So instead of a resolution to lost 15 lbs., one of my goals is to workout regularly and to eat healthier.
I found Lara Casey’s Make Things Happen through Rachel over at Our Yellow Door, and I love this way of thinking about goals! Goals should be about you, deep down inside, and how you want to better your life. I took almost a month to come up with all my goals, and I am really excited about working towards them. For once I feel as though I will stick with these, and by December will have made some progress.
My Goals for 2014
- To live with less and be purposeful in my purchases
- Substantially reduce my debt
- To become a stronger Fisherman (Mark 1:17)
- Improve my mental and emotional health
- Continue building a strong marriage
- Learn to take care of me, and putting me first if need be
- Learn to be still and at peace in the stillness
- Get fit and eat better
- Grow my local community
Have you set any goals for yourself this year?