After a long look at myself in the philosophical mirror, prayer, and listening to my heart I came up with my goals for 2014! And I am more than ready to make it happen. (Period.)
Step 14: Review every previous step. Add stuff to lists, revise your vision… make sure that this is about you.
Step 15: Write my goals!
(In no particular order)
1. I want to be content with less. I want my (our) house to be filled with things that only bring me (us) joy or are necessary. This goes with buying things too, I want to be smart with my shopping. I buy stuff to make myself feel “normal” or like I will fit in better, or on a whim, and not always to me happier. I want to stop feeling like I need stuff.
- Goal: To live with less and be purposeful in my purchases
2. I want to get out of debt, or at least lower my amount of debt. I feel guilty about how much I owe and how it holds us back. I want to be able to spend money on giving and on memories and love.
- Goal: Substantially reduce my debt
3. I have found so much joy and love in growing in my relationship with Christ. I have found peace, forgiveness and happiness. I want to be stronger in my faith and better at sharing his Truth and love.
- Goal: To become a stronger Fisherman (Mark 1:17)
4. I want to feel alive and like me. I want to stop feeling stressed and like I need to please everyone. I like doing things I love and being surrounded by those I love. I hate when I fall into a funk and the clouds roll in. I want to learn better how to fight the clouds and take better care of me.
- Goal: Improve my mental and emotional health
5. I love D. I love being married; it’s pretty awesome. I love the ease of our relationship. And I am super pumped to spend the rest of my life with him. I’m looking forward to our future adventures.
- Goal: Continue building a strong marriage
6. I cannot help others if I don’t help me too. A happier me means I am a better Servant. I want to improve my quiet time with the Lord and his Word.
- Goal: Learn to take care of me, and putting me first if need be
7. I don’t want to feel as though I need to be always doing something. I don’t need to fill all of my time or the silence.
- Goal: Learn to be still and at peace in the stillness
8. I want to get healthy and in shape again. I want to stop having lazy be my default. I want to get back into a workout schedule and stick to it. I want to eat healthier and take better care of me.
- Goal: Get fit and eat better
9. I want to strengthen my friendships and build new ones. I want more friends close by to hang out with and connect with.
- Goal: Grow my local community