I have a good feeling that Make It Happen is going to go really well, and that I am going to end up with some awesome (and achievable) goals! I am only on part two, but it is going well. I wanted to take a few days to do the next few steps. I don’t want to rush through this process, but to intentionally complete each step so that I can really get to the root of me and what I need as goals. So after a few days of mulling over my responses, here are the next three steps!!! (If you want to follow along, here is Lara’s post on it)
Step 4: Top 3 Lessons Learned from what worked
1. Making time for my marriage brings me a lot of joy. I love our date nights, talks and our weekend adventures. We are doing a great job keeping our marriage a priority, and we need to keep it that way!
2. I really like growing in my relationship with God. I love reading His Word and learning anew constantly how awesome His love for me is. I love corporate worship and fellowship and all of the love that is part of it.
3. I need to feel accomplished. Whether it is making progress on a project, finishing a workout, or crossing something off my to-do list. I need to feel as though I’ve done something.
Step 5: Top 3 Lessons Learned from what didn’t work
1. I need to make God a priority in my life. When I do that, I feel better and less stressed. Church, Bible reading, and prayer all need to be moved to the top of every to-do list I have.
2. I need to focus more on me. My “me time” is either nonexistent or I don’t spend it wisely. I need more quiet me time, that is really about me. Less TV watching and crushing candy. I need to start taking care of myself instead of worrying about others first. My health is starting to suffer because of stress and bad health habits. I need to start be intentional in taking care of me.
3. I need to strengthen my local community. I have lots of great friends, but most of them live far away, and I would like more closer to home. I want more friends that I can just hang out with, and people close to home that I can turn to for support and fun.
Step 6: What fires me up? What are things that light my soul on fire? (in no particular order)
- D – his love, his smile, our talks
- good books
- worship songs
- reading my Bible
- beauty in nature
- time with friends
- being filled with awe
- meeting a goal or challenge
- God’s love and grace
- a good hard workout
What fires you up?