Now that we are already in August, I figured that I should take a look at my goals for this year and see where I am at. I already did an assessment of my progress on my task for this year here, and I am doing pretty well there. But these goals… not so much. Anyhoo, here is how I see it: [Read more…]
Here we are in August!! Craziness. Just plain craziness. This year is flying by and now that I am spending my days at home with Little Bean my days tend to blend together in a wonderful way. But to keep myself from creating a crater in the couch cushions, I’m going to keep setting goals.
Let me start off by saying that I did not meet two-thirds of my goals from July. I did start including photos in my posts but no Adoration or workouts. Sad face. But I shan’t dwell on that but move on to my goals for this month!
- Take Little Bean to Adoration – Roll over from last month. I didn’t go to Adoration at all in July, and I need to.
- Have some real me time! – D’s new work schedule is all over the place and he switches shifts a lot so I’m doing a lot of everything myself. It stinks but it’s our reality right now, but I do need to make some more time for me. Like real me time. Not just me hiding in the bedroom for an hour to escape.
- Work out! – Yesterday Little Bean and I took a walk before it got outrageously hot out, and it was nice. I realized just how horribly out of shape my body is. Walking only a mile should not make my legs shake by the end…
- Clean the top of my dresser – I have a lot of cleaning that needs to be done around here, so I’m going to try and see if adding them to my goals makes me actually get them done. Right now the top of my dresser serves as an extra drawer for clothes and a catch all for jewelry and icons.
And I am going to stop there for this month. What are some things that you would like to accomplish this month?
We’re almost halfway through July, but I wanted to still make an effort towards some goals. I only had one goal last month which was to do She Reads Truth’s Women in the Word study and journal on it, and I think I did pretty well. Admittedly I didn’t do it every day but I had a small child to tend to and have been sleeping haphazardly so I think I did darn good.
Here are my goal for July!!
Have a picture in every post I make this month – I have been wanting for a long time to include more photography in my posts, but I never feel like my skills are up to snuff so I never do. This month I am going to make a conscious effort to change that. There will be an image in every post I make, though I may cheat sometimes and use a stock photo of some sort. Gotta start somewhere.
Start some sort of workout routine – This week I can start working out again, but since it’s been such a long time I definitely want to take it slow. I’m thinking maybe some really early morning walks with Little Bean…
Take Little Bean to Adoration – Little Bean has come with me to Mass a few times now and thankfully she’s been quiet every time. (She falls asleep in the car ride over.) Since taking her out of the house is becoming more “normal” I would like to introduce her to Adoration as well. Plus! I got a new veil that I need to try out! See:
(You can find the veil here, this one is gold)
I think that’s as far as I’m going to go for now since there isn’t much of the month left anyway. Stay tuned, in the next week or so I hope to give an update on my goals and tasks for the year!
It’s June!!! JUNE!! Which means that we are almost halfway through 2015! I started this post at the beginning of the month, and then next day I found myself being induced unexpectedly and then Little Bean was here! Surprise! (Though it wasn’t as simple as that sounds… my labor was long and difficult. But so worth it.)
Anyhoo! It’s June, which means that it is time for me to review my monthly goals and post my new ones for the new month. I actually made a lot of progress on my goals from last month, didn’t get to them all, but I still got ahead. As for new goals, I had started a list but my life now revolves around Little Bean so I’m taking a break on goals for this month except for one. Check back next month for more excitement. [Read more…]
It’s May! Spring has finally sprung and it is warm outside more days than not! Woohoo!! Though I am more of a fall kinda girl, I love spring too. I love when it is getting warm out, and everything smells so green. It just needs to stick around a little bit so that it doesn’t get hot soon. Now that it’s spring I feel like it’s a whole new start, and like I could take on the world. Little Bean is due in just a little over a month!! I am so excited!!!! but also scrambling to get a lot of stuff done before our shower here and her arrival.
I didn’t make much progress on my goals for April, life sort of got in the way. I’ve been getting a lot done so that I can leave my job in a few weeks, but that meant that lots of other stuff got sidelined. Here’s what happened:
- Go to Adoration twice! – Didn’t go at all… boo!
- Start sewing together the blocks for Little Bean’s quilt! – DONE! I am almost done sewing all the blocks together! Just a few more strips to add on and then I can start putting it all together. Woot!
- Order seeds! – DONE! We ordered our seeds from SeedsNOW! since I had found good reviews and they have 99 cent sampler packs. We ordered only sample packs so that we weren’t overwhelmed by seeds of plants we may not want to plant next year. D even put together our garden beds!
- Start practicing labor breathing regularly – This one did not get touched at all. Definitely NEED to start this!!!
- Go for more walks – I started out strong on this one for the first week or so, but then it too fell by the wayside. Le sigh.
Here’s what I would like to get done for May, but if Little Bean decides to come a little early these will probably get discarded…
- Go to Adoration twice – I still want to make this a habit.
- Read a book! – I got a bunch of reading done last month, but that was in part because we did nothing but laid next to a pool in the Caribbean for a week. I want more reading in my “normal” life.
- Do or try something new! – I need more exploring in my life
- Get three house and/or baby projects done! – D and I have been on a roll lately with cleaning house and getting stuff done in preparation for Little Bean’s arrival (and our shower which is going to be at our house), but I want to keep up the steam for a little bit.
- Start practicing labor breathing regularly – Repeat from last month, but this really needs to happen soon!
And those are my goals for May! I try to make them manageable but still challenging so that I have to break out of my shell a little bit to get them accomplished. Do you have any goals for May? What are you focusing on?
Maybe it’s because I’m pregnant or because I feel like I’m running around like crazy trying to get everything done before I leave work, but I missed out on a whole month again. Overall, it was a pretty good month in terms of life. I got confirmation that I can quit my job! and that is so freaking exciting, but now it means I have a giant checklist of stuff I need to do in order to get final approval to leave next month. NEXT month!!! Eek! I also went home to see my family before Little Bean comes which was super nice. It was lovely. But in terms of goals I didn’t do so awesome.
- Figure out our garden plans and order seeds – Nope and nope. Well we talked a little about our plans, and I have ideas for seeds, but this isn’t done very well.
- Read a book! – Done. I read Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan, and honestly I didn’t really like it. I mean it was good, but the main relationship in the story struggles a lot especially with equality, and I find that hard to read about.
- Do a photo session – Didn’t happen at all. I charged up my camera, but never actually used it…
- Try 3 new recipes – I honestly don’t know if what we made for dinner ever… D and I are sitting here racking our brains trying to remember and we’re coming up blank. But! we tried a recipe for a green chili either last month or in February, and it was aMAYzing! I’ll post on it sometime soon!
- Secret goal – Also didn’t happen. Boo.
April promises to be even crazier than March, but I still want to make some goals even if they may not happen. Here’s what I’ve got for this month!
- Go to Adoration twice! – I have found Adoration to be such a wonderful peaceful and fulfilling experience and I want to keep making it something I do. Hopefully this can become a regular thing.
- Start sewing together the blocks for Little Bean’s quilt! – I am making Little Bean a quilt (here’s the basic pattern), and I’ve got most of the strips cut. Now I just need to start sewing the strips into blocks!
- Order seeds! – Rollover from last month. Also, should probably figure out how we want our garden to look…
- Start practicing labor breathing regularly – We took a childbirth class about over a month ago (it was one all-day class), and I really liked their ideas of breathing through contractions and focusing elsewhere. I (with D!) need to sit down and figure out what works best for me in terms of focusing and then we need to start practicing. Only 10 weeks left! (Give or take…)
- Go for more walks – Just as the fatigue from pregnancy is starting to creep back in I know that I should be walking a lot more. Even if it’s just twice a week, that’s more than I am doing now!
And those are my goals for April! Do you have any goals for this month? What are you looking forward to doing now that it’s getting warmer out?
I have decided to take this month in a new direction. I feel like I’ve been pushing myself to do things that I feel like I should be doing. This month I am going to focus on things I want to do. And if the two happen to overlap, then more power to it… or them… or whatever.
Here are my goals for March 2015!
- Figure out our garden plans and order seeds – We’ve bounced around a bunch of ideas of how to set up our garden, but we haven’t settled on one to try this year yet. And our list of to-grows keeps getting additions but we haven’t bought any seeds yet, and we will need to start seedlings soon.
- Read a book! – I’m in the middle of one, but I’m hoping to make the time to read another one too.
- Do a photo session – Whether they go with my photo challenge or not, I just want to spend some time with my camera.
- Try 3 new recipes – Expanding my cooking repertoire is always fun!!
- Secret goal – I’ll share if I complete it…
What are your goals for this month?
I just realized that I missed February… I mean I was there, and I did stuff (some really cool stuff included) but I feel like I missed the whole month. I have at least 5 draft posts sitting waiting for me to finish that I had planned to post last month, and my to-do list for my blog and life just keep growing…
But as I sit here at our kitchen table typing this as D does our taxes, feeling Little Bean gently kick (right about now is her dance party time) I am reminded that I don’t have to do anything. I don’t. I could set no goals for myself and just keep living and I would be okay. I write myself goals to try and push myself, not to highlight my failures.
Goals with Grace as Haley over at The Tiny Twig likes to say. So I am going to give myself some grace and some time to think on how I want March to go and for now leave you with a recap of my February goals and my progress.
- Write 4 blog posts – So far so good on this one, I wrote six posts! I don’t know how because I feel like I was never really on here.
- Work out twice a week – This goal definitely fell by the wayside last month… I only walked a few times, and I don’t think I did yoga at all. Boo.
- Pray before meals – I am still very much working on this! I would say that I remembered about 30% of the time, most of the time I remember like an hour after eating. Still going to work on this.
- Get out of bed by 6:30 – I think that I am slowly making progress on this one. It helps that I changed my alarm time by just 15 minutes or so making my snooze time not eat into my getting up time. It also helps that D is out of bed usually by 4:30 so I’ve asked him to turn on the bedroom light when he’s done showering and shaving. Rise and shine!
- Start planning out my me-space – I didn’t work on this one at all. I need to start a Pinterest board or something, just get my foot in the door before Little Bean arrives and I have less me time that doesn’t involve naps.
- Take 5 photos for the Blessed is She photo challenge (#ProjectBlessed) – Didn’t do this one either… I thought about the prompts a few times, and how I wanted to portray them but then got distracted. Must focus.
How did your February turn out? Any goals you blew out of the water? Anything you want to refocus on in March?
February?! But it was just Christmas… wasn’t it? Already this year is flying by, but I feel like for me it has gotten off to a really great start. I didn’t soar through all my goals, but I feel like I did really well, and that is super encouraging! Here’s a recap of my goals for January and my thoughts on how I did:
- Write 3 posts – Mischief managed! I wrote a whopping eight(!) posts last month!! I was afraid that I was going to find it difficult to get back into blogging after being away, but honestly I keep coming up with ideas for posts but have to hold myself back so I don’t write like five in a day. I’m going to try and keep this up!
- Workout twice a week – I am slowly learning that a workout does not require me to be exhausted or sweaty, which is a big change in mindset for me. Most of my workouts were 30 minute walks at work or a yoga workout. I definitely had some strong weeks where I worked out 4 times!, but usually I had to focus to get in my two workouts.
- Complete one house project – We got more than one done! We rearranged the living room to make it a little more baby proof (i.e. the couch is no longer next to the railing to the downstairs), got rid of the old playset from our yard (we want to get one that we like and isn’t so big), AND we started hanging up pictures! We also fixed the downstairs shower so that it gets hot now, before it was just lukewarm which was unacceptable. Thank goodness for Google!
- Get up at 6:30! – I made a little progress on this, I am usually awake now by 6:30, but that doesn’t mean I am out of bed. Usually 6:45 comes around and I am still in bed either reading the news or that day’s Bible readings. I want to keep pushing myself on this one.
- Take a step in faith – I bought a veil! Veiling is one of the things that has intrigued me since I started my journey in Catholicism, but I was never brave enough to try it. My good friend GForce does it, both veils and hats, but I wasn’t sure about it all since it is kinda controversial. But after some reading, and the fact that the idea wouldn’t get out of my brain, I figured that God was telling me to at least try it. I have only worn a veil for the past four weeks, but already I love it. It makes Mass feel even more special somehow.
So overall, I made a lot of progress on my goals last month. The trick now is to keep the momentum up. My goals for February are a growth of some of my goals from January, but also some new ones that focus on others of me 2015 goals and tasks.
- Write 4 blog posts – I am upping the ante a little bit. I am trying to keep on the momentum I had in January and keep my blog going strong!
- Work out twice a week – Since my progress last month wasn’t as great as I would like, I wanted to work on this again.
- Pray before meals – This is something that I have sort of already started doing, but I usually only remember to pray before dinner. I want this to be an all-meals sorta thing.
- Get out of bed by 6:30 – You see what I did there? No more lying in bed until 6:50, now I need to be out of bed(!) by 6:30. I can still read the news and blogs posts, just not while in bed.
- Start planning out my me-space – So I know that I want my me-space downstairs to be more me, but I am not sure how yet. I am thinking that this month I will start with a Pinterest board to get a feel for looks and ideas that I like and go from there. I’ll be sure to share it next month! (Also, mini rant: Why can’t you see Pinterest if you are not a member?! I hate that. D is not on Pinterest and doesn’t want to be, but he wants to be able to see my boards and pins… so annoying!!!)
- Take 5 photos for the Blessed is She photo challenge (#ProjectBlessed) – This is going to be my first photo challenge! I am planning on taking the pictures in order, but I don’t know if I will do then every day. I am thinking that just focusing a morning or afternoon to photography might work better for me. If you’re interested in joining in, here is the list of prompts!
What are your goals for this month? Anything in particular you want to focus on? Share your thoughts in the comments!
I know, I know… January is half over! you say. Why bother with goals now? Touché, says I.
But actually I had these goals written down a few days after January started, but I forgot to post them. I was so caught up in getting back into blogging and figuring out my year-long goals and tasks that I let my monthly one slip down the to-do list a bit. But fear not! Here they are now, and I will follow up once we’re in February.
- Write 3 posts – Part of my goal to not fall into a black hole again
- Workout twice a week – I am slowly learning that a workout does not require me to be exhausted or sweaty, which is a big change in mindset
- Complete one house project – I (and we) have a big to-do list for a new house to make it more a home, need to make a few repairs already
- Get up at 6:30! – I have fallen back into the bad habit of getting up at the last minute, and I want to start to chip away at it.
- Take a step in faith – I have some things that I have been pondering on for a while, but have been to scared/worried/unsure to do any of them. This month I want to do one at least!
And those are my goals for January! They’re not much, but they are a start!!
What are your monthly goals?