As you may recall, at the beginning of the year I set myself both a list of goals and tasks to complete. I feel like for me breaking it up into two separate lists makes it more manageable and attainable. Since we are halfway through the year I figured I would post an update on my progress. I am pleasantly surprised on how much progress I have made on my tasks. I made them knowing that life was going to change dramatically after Little Bean arrived so I held back a bit but I still challenged myself.
But here is how my to-do list stands as of mid-ish July…
My Tasks for 2015:
- Run a race – I haven’t done this yet, but I signed up for one! I’ll be running the Nun Run in Baltimore this September, I’m even going to do the 5k!
- Downsize my wardrobe – We got rid of a big box of clothes already, but I am waiting until my body size has sort of settled so I don’t get rid of clothes that will really fit me. But I have started a box of clothes I know that I won’t wear either way.
- Downsize my stuff – We unpacked the last boxes! Now I just need to go through my stuff…
- Keep a prayer journal – Haven’t started this yet.
- Keep a grace/thanksgiving journal – I was doing really well with this at the beginning of the year, but have fallen out of practice.
- Knit something – Still haven’t start this yet, but anyone have any suggestions on what I should make? I’m a pretty novice knitter, but am not afraid to use Google or YouTube to help me out.
- Grow a garden – DONE! D dug us some garden beds and I started the seedlings and our garden is now very happy. This pictures is a little dated, we have lots of green tomatoes on the vine waiting to ripen! But our zucchini and cucumber plants caught the plague and are now no longer, but while they were happy we got lots of cukes and zukes from them.
- Complete a sewing project – DONE! I sewed a quilt for Little Bean! Well I pieced it together and did the binding but I will admit that I farmed out the quilting part. I was 36 weeks pregnant and it sounded like an added stress I didn’t need so I took it to the quilt shop and they did it for me. (I’ll try and get a picture of it up here soon.)
- Complete 2 photo challenges – I still haven’t started this either. I need to just take the plunge already and pull out my camera and start using it!
- Find (and join!) an in-person social group – I still have not done this but I am taking baby steps. I met up with some local ladies that follow Blessed is She, and I am hosting a Blessed Brunch next month! And once Little Bean has gotten her shots I am going to start going to my parish’s Mom n’ Tots group.
- Complete 3 canning projects – DONE! This year I’ve made pickles, dilly beans, pickled zucchinis and strawberry rhubarb jam! I don’t know if I’ll do much more since our cucumber and zucchini plants are kaput.
- Try out five new recipes – I have been probably done this but haven’t been keeping track of them… I’ll try and post some of the recipes I know that we’ve tried soon.
- Post 3 blog posts a month – I haven’t done this every month (I only did two posts for two months) but I am doing pretty well! I’ve pleasantly surprised myself on this one.
- Go on 7 dates – D and I have been on quite a few dates this year, so this is maybe completed but I’m not sure…
Dang! I’m doing pretty well if I may say so myself! I’m going to go get myself some ice cream as a reward for my awesomeness.