February?! But it was just Christmas… wasn’t it? Already this year is flying by, but I feel like for me it has gotten off to a really great start. I didn’t soar through all my goals, but I feel like I did really well, and that is super encouraging! Here’s a recap of my goals for January and my thoughts on how I did:
- Write 3 posts – Mischief managed! I wrote a whopping eight(!) posts last month!! I was afraid that I was going to find it difficult to get back into blogging after being away, but honestly I keep coming up with ideas for posts but have to hold myself back so I don’t write like five in a day. I’m going to try and keep this up!
- Workout twice a week – I am slowly learning that a workout does not require me to be exhausted or sweaty, which is a big change in mindset for me. Most of my workouts were 30 minute walks at work or a yoga workout. I definitely had some strong weeks where I worked out 4 times!, but usually I had to focus to get in my two workouts.
- Complete one house project – We got more than one done! We rearranged the living room to make it a little more baby proof (i.e. the couch is no longer next to the railing to the downstairs), got rid of the old playset from our yard (we want to get one that we like and isn’t so big), AND we started hanging up pictures! We also fixed the downstairs shower so that it gets hot now, before it was just lukewarm which was unacceptable. Thank goodness for Google!
- Get up at 6:30! – I made a little progress on this, I am usually awake now by 6:30, but that doesn’t mean I am out of bed. Usually 6:45 comes around and I am still in bed either reading the news or that day’s Bible readings. I want to keep pushing myself on this one.
- Take a step in faith – I bought a veil! Veiling is one of the things that has intrigued me since I started my journey in Catholicism, but I was never brave enough to try it. My good friend GForce does it, both veils and hats, but I wasn’t sure about it all since it is kinda controversial. But after some reading, and the fact that the idea wouldn’t get out of my brain, I figured that God was telling me to at least try it. I have only worn a veil for the past four weeks, but already I love it. It makes Mass feel even more special somehow.
So overall, I made a lot of progress on my goals last month. The trick now is to keep the momentum up. My goals for February are a growth of some of my goals from January, but also some new ones that focus on others of me 2015 goals and tasks.
- Write 4 blog posts – I am upping the ante a little bit. I am trying to keep on the momentum I had in January and keep my blog going strong!
- Work out twice a week – Since my progress last month wasn’t as great as I would like, I wanted to work on this again.
- Pray before meals – This is something that I have sort of already started doing, but I usually only remember to pray before dinner. I want this to be an all-meals sorta thing.
- Get out of bed by 6:30 – You see what I did there? No more lying in bed until 6:50, now I need to be out of bed(!) by 6:30. I can still read the news and blogs posts, just not while in bed.
- Start planning out my me-space – So I know that I want my me-space downstairs to be more me, but I am not sure how yet. I am thinking that this month I will start with a Pinterest board to get a feel for looks and ideas that I like and go from there. I’ll be sure to share it next month! (Also, mini rant: Why can’t you see Pinterest if you are not a member?! I hate that. D is not on Pinterest and doesn’t want to be, but he wants to be able to see my boards and pins… so annoying!!!)
- Take 5 photos for the Blessed is She photo challenge (#ProjectBlessed) – This is going to be my first photo challenge! I am planning on taking the pictures in order, but I don’t know if I will do then every day. I am thinking that just focusing a morning or afternoon to photography might work better for me. If you’re interested in joining in, here is the list of prompts!
What are your goals for this month? Anything in particular you want to focus on? Share your thoughts in the comments!