How is it already September? I know that I’ve been saying that nearly every month but I don’t know where all this time is flying to because it definitely isn’t sharing with me haha. August was a very busy month! We went on a trip and work has been crazy and it’s looking like it’s only going to get crazier. I didn’t make much progress this month strictly speaking on my goals, but
- Get my runs in!! – Nope, not even one. I have cancelled my races for this fall because it is just getting to be too much pressure.
- Start a new morning routine: wake up early, run, perhaps some quiet time – Didn’t get very far with this, but I am going to keep trying
- Create a photo book of my travels – Started a project, but didn’t complete it
Try two new recipes from the cookbooks I (we) own– I only made one, and we planned a second but couldn’t find a key ingredient so I am considering this completed. Complete one canning project, dilly beans perhaps?I did two actually! Dilly beans and pickled garlic
- Finish reading Zealot – I didn’t finish it but it was by choice, I found the author’s style very condescending towards Christians and I couldn’t keep going.
For September I am going to focus on me and my faith. I feel like I have fallen away from my faith in the past few months, and I want to get back to it, and put God at the center of my life. This month is going to be crazy busy for me with lots of travel and work is busy as well and it’s only going to get busier this month.
- Complete the She Reads Truth Sermon on the Mount study – This is a old study, but I bought the study pack but never did the study!
- Get serious about finding a parish and start RCIA – This is really two goals in one, finding a new church home and along with it an RCIA program that I feel comfortable with.
- Work out twice a week – I have been trying to get back into a workout routine for literally months, and I figure that it’s time for me to really get on it. Baby steps.
- Read a book – I’m almost done with the one I am currently reading (One Summer: America, 1927) but I want to bring more written words into my life.
- Post five blog posts – This one doesn’t count.
What are your goals for this month? What are you looking to change or discover?